Cordova Telephone Cooperative to sign-up
for service today!
611 2nd Street · P.O. Box 459
Cordova, Alaska 99574
> VOICE MAIL
Voice Mail Service from
Cordova Telephone Cooperative
Voice Mail Service is provided
to telephone customers with touchtone service by central
office based equipment and software. VMS provides
subscribers the ability to:
● Present a personalized recorded greeting to callers
● Record messages
You will know you have messages when you hear the
interrupted/stutter dial tone (sounds a little like a busy
signal). You must set up your mailbox from your home phone.
This would be where you record your message as well as enter
a remote access password (four numbers). Your remote
password will allow you to check message without being at
your home phone.
To Access Your VMS
1. Dial 424-MAIL (6245)
* Press # if calling from the phone your voice mail is
subscribed to, OR
Press * if using Auto Login and accessing from your home
phone no entry is required, OR
* Enter your telephone number, if calling from a
2. If requested, Enter your password, followed by the
# key. Your password will be default of four zeros (0000)
until you change it.
3. Main Menu: Press 1 to retrieve messages. Press
7 for current date and time, or Press 9 for
mailbox setup. The first new message will play immediately.
Note: If you are checking messages from another phone that
has Voice Mail, call 424-MAIL (6245) and when voice mail
answers, hit the * key twice. OR: call your home phone and
when voice mail answers, hit the * key once.
To Set Up Mailbox
Options In Mailbox Setup Menu:
a. Press 9 to enter Mailbox Setup Menu
b. Press 1: Greeting Options (you can disregard this step if
you choose to use the default greeting)
c. Press 2: Change Password
d. Press 3: Disable/Enable Auto Login
f. Press *: Return to Main Menu
To Retrieve Messages
Options in Message Retrieval Menu:
a. Press 1: New Message
b. Press 2: Saved Message
c. Press *: Return to Main Menu
To Listen to Messages
1. Press 1- Play or re-play Message
2. Press 2- Save Message and Go to Next
3. Press 3- Delete Message and Go to Next
To Undelete Messages
Don't hang up! Follow the voice prompts to listen to
the messages. Once you have played the message you deleted,
4. Press 4- Save Message as New
5. Press 5- Reply to a Message
6. Press 6- Forward Message
7. Press 7- Skip Back Three Seconds
8. Press 8- Pause or Continue Message
9. Press 9- Skip Forward Three Seconds
10. Press *- Return to the Main Menu
To Change Your Password
1. Press 2- Change Your Password
2. Enter New Password, followed by the # key. The password
is any series of up to 16 digits you choose. You will be
unable to access your mailbox without this password, so be
sure to choose one you will remember.
3. To verify, Enter your password followed by the # key.
For information on our accessibility
options for those with special needs or disabilities,
please click here.